Friday, July 30, 2010

She must have known what was coming

I wonder how aware my daughter is of her surroundings and whether she understands what I say. Sometimes I think she's got it, while other times I'm positive she's clueless.
Well today, it was like taking the dog to the see the vet. They just know where they're going and what's expected.

Chloe had her one-year checkup today. She talked a lot, so much and so loud that I couldn't hear the doctor when she was speaking. Sound familiar?
But when the nurse came into the room, she started getting antsy. It's as if she knew there were shots coming.
She struggled with me and wailed as if she lost a limb. Then she was cranky and needy for the rest of the day. This is why I scheduled the one-year visit at 4:10 p.m. on Thursday. I knew the shots would hurt and she'd need time to recover. Unfortunately I forgot about the appointment. I arrived at 5:10 p.m. instead, long after everyone went home. So I got the pleasure of having an 8 a.m. appointment today.
It's my fault. Miss an appointment and pay for it with a cranky daughter for 12 hours afterward.

No comments:

Search This Blog