Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What I'm reading

I'm like a lot of big readers and have several books on the go at once.
I just finished part one of Wool by Hugh Howey and have started part two and the long walk down the stairs. This is a fascinating story about a dystopian society surviving in a grain silo that exists a few hundred stories under ground. I feel a little uncomfortable reading the book because the lack of space makes me antsy, a little claustrophobic.
 


Wool is a self published novel and Howey got a publishing contract for the paper rights after the digital edition became a huge hit. I always read some one star and two star reviews to see what beef folks have with the book. It doesn't dissuade me from buying it. I feel prepared for any possible drawbacks and so far I haven't discovered them in Wool. Yes the story is slow, but it's full of rich detail and personalities that intrigue me.

I'm also reading Morgan Rhodes Falling Kingdoms. It's a library book and only have two more weeks to finish it. I am conflicted on the book and don't want to say too much because I've only read about 50 pages. Unfortunately it's slow reading for me. I shall persevere.


And lastly I am reading Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout in the car. I finished her book Cursed a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. I'm not liking this one as much for one main reason: I don't like the main male character. It's not that he's a loveable jerk. He's a hate-able jerk and I am not warming up to him. I hope it gets better.

No comments:

Search This Blog