Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Walking Dead still alive

What a season opener! It started off subtle and slow, the sheriff becomes a farmer. And then all hell breaks loose at the grocery store.
That was a clever way to get the Walkers into the store but heck, how realistic is it that the ceiling is rotting and the weight of a rack of bones causes holes in the roof versus a helicopter that seems to be siting on the roof comfortably.
I know, I know. Don't apply logic to this show, but I can't help it.
I can't say I'm upset that two new cast members are already dead or on their way to dying and wrecking havoc on the prison group. While the cast is big, I don't want my favorites to die otherwise it might be hard to maintain interest.
Speaking of interest, I do wonder how long they can keep up this fairly generic storyline. Hunt for food, get attacked by Walkers, someone dies, hunt for food, get attacked by Walkers, etc. Wash, rinse, repeat.
In the other storyline, I get why the woman tried to bring Rick to her husband, who I guess was a Walker, for dinner. She thought he needed feeding, although how she managed to stay alive while he was a starving Walker sharing her space is silly. Then she kills herself, heck why didn't she do that eons ago?
This was a strange story that I wonder if it's a setup for something later on. We'll have to see.
What was up with her face? It looked liked she'd been beaten up or had tattoos on her face.
The lighting for this show is sometimes so dim I have a hard time making things out.

"I don't want to be afraid of being alive," best line of the episode.

Not a bad start to season 4. We'll have to see where it goes to judge how it measures up with the other seasons.

No comments:

Search This Blog