Thursday, August 21, 2014

Writing update

For some reason I have not published Evolution yet.
I'm not sure why. I can't say. I have a cover. The book is done.
I want to do some final edits but I just haven't dived in.
I think I'm worried that it took me six years to write it and it might take me another six years to write the sequel.
I don't exactly have George RR Martin's following, so I can hardly take so long.
My other concern is something Hugh Howey wrote about on his blog recently. It was about marketing books and how authors are best served by putting up an entire series all at once instead of waiting time in between books. If someone likes the book, they'll go on to read others by the author.
I'm much more likely to finish the Tysseland Chronicles than Evolution.
So I decided to published book two and three of the Tysseland Chronicles later this year. I'm not sure if I should wait to publish Evolution once book two is written, but it's something to consider.
So that's the plan. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Search This Blog