Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My 3-year-old is already a teenager

I can see the future and it has me worried.
Since the time change on March 10, I've had to drag my munchkin out of bed each morning to get her to daycare. She screams for us to turn off the lights. This morning she insisted it wasn't morning yet and demanded I leave the room.
On the flip side, after the time change in November she was getting up at 6-630 a.m. even on the weekends. That lasted until the time changed in March. I have been enjoying sleeping in on the weekends until 730, gasp, even 8 a.m. last Sunday, so I feel bad complaining.
So I'm not. If she wants to be grumpy, fine. The best way to get her out of her mood is to say she's wearing her "grumpy pants." Oh my! "Oh the indignity," as Gordon would say. I will get Chloe to do her Gordon imitation and post the video. It's amazing.
So, I'm putting up with the whining and protests but I'm not sure I'm going to be as patient when she's 14.
She has my husband's wake up genes or my sister's.
When the alarm goes off, I get up. I rarely hit snooze. That's because I have my morning set to the minute. The alarm goes off at precisely the time I need to get up, wash and dress.
My husband, on the other hand, used to set the alarm and hour earlier and hit snooze for an hour. This nearly ended our marriage. I was losing an hour of sleep just so my husband could hit the snooze button. Unlike him, once I wake up, I rarely fall back asleep.
So, this morning I told my husband my daughter was all his when we hit the teen years. He protested that I will have to get her up at 5:30 a.m. so she can catch the 6 a.m. bus to high school. (in our town high school starts at 7 a.m. -- crazy -- bad idea.)
I protested and he claimed since I am the "morning person," it will be my duty.
I have 11 years to think of a counter argument.

No comments:

Search This Blog