Sunday, September 30, 2012

I have to hand it to Harper Collins. I got a replacement copy of Divergent couriered to the house on Friday. I finished the book today and enjoyed it. It wasn't as exciting as Hunger Games or as momentus but definitely an entertaining read.
I think it had a bit of a slow start or maybe I was just distracted by the defective pages that I couldn't read. Once the action picks up, it's hard to put the book down. I stayed up late reading it not wanting to stop. I bought a digital copy of the sequel and I hope it's as good as the first book.

I write this as my body aches. My hips are killing me as is my foot. I ran 10 miles yesterday and am paying for it. I'm not sure I'm up for doing the half marathon in three weeks. I'm so tired. I don't remember being this exhausted training for my last half.

I love six or seven mile runs. They take more than an hour, but they aren't so long that I feel like the day has disappeared. Yesterday's run took me two hours and four minute. I am so freaking slow now. I was at least 20 minutes faster during my last half. I guess that's what happens when you don't train for a really long time.

While the training schedule has me doing two miles today, I'm blowing it off. I'll do it tomorrow before I go to work.

No comments:

Search This Blog